Do most shrimp get along?

branden

I want to get some shrimp in my tank soon, but I can't decide on one particular type. I need to get cleaner shrimp, but also like the fire shrimp, and would like one coral banded as well. I know that I shouldn't keep more than one coral banded in the same tank, but will it get along with the other types? It's a 75 gallon tank with about 55 pounds of live rock (going to add more), and there are lots of hiding places.
Maybe I'm thinking way too hard about shrimp!

dinogeorge

Nah, you can never think too hard when you are dealing with the lives of your animals. Good for you for asking!
I have a CBS and Cleaner in every one of my tanks. Granted, some of those tanks are big, but even in my smaller ones I have not had any problems personally. The only thing I can say about your fire shrimp is that you may not see much of him. They are really amazing looking, but only if you get to see them. I have a lot of shrimps in my tanks and I like them a lot. I’m sure you’ll be happy with when you add. But just keep in mind that your CBS can be rather nasty at times.
Good luck man.

nycbob

Originally Posted by Branden
I want to get some shrimp in my tank soon, but I can't decide on one particular type. I need to get cleaner shrimp, but also like the fire shrimp, and would like one coral banded as well. I know that I shouldn't keep more than one coral banded in the same tank, but will it get along with the other types? It's a 75 gallon tank with about 55 pounds of live rock (going to add more), and there are lots of hiding places.
Maybe I'm thinking way too hard about shrimp!
with 55 lbs of lr, i wouldnt put a cbs in. they r aggressive toward other shrimps. also, if this a new tank, i;d wait another 2 months b4 adding shrimps. cleaner and fire will get along.

snakeblitz33

I wouldn't mix different types of shrimp unless it was a cleaner and a peppermint shrimp.
Though, I have kept cbs shrimp with one another in a 55 gallon tank and have had no problems.

donald

I have 1 CBS, 3 cleaners, and 2 Pepermint shrimp in a 55g and they all have there space. The CBS rules the tank, he goes where he wants and it's up to the others to get out of his way. The cleaners don't like the pepermints real close to them and "shoo" them away, but never anything violent, it reminds me of an old lady chaseing the kids out of the kitchen. The pepermints have there own spot in the tank, most of time they hang on the frag rack cleaning the frags or in the hole of there favorite rock. The big cleaner lets the little ones hang out with him and kinda looks out for them and my pepermints are usualy together cleaning or hanging out. Hope this helps.