do my new corals look like theyre doing okay and id a few sps corals please!!! :)

kilofey

^^^^^^ id this sps please???? its growing well in my tank and everyone that comes over asks for a frag of it and wants to know what it is (this is not a new coral)

^^^^ is this sps frag too please... is it a montipora digita of some sort? sorry for the bad pic, also how does it appear to be doing? the tips arent as white as it looks, they look pinkish to light brown (this is a newbie)

^^^^^^ my plate has had a rigid fold in it since the day i got it, is this normal? its such a rigid fold that if i attempted to flatten it out, id break it in half (i havent tried, i can just immagine that it would happen if i tried). ive had it for a few months now. it was flat when i got it but the guy put it in a cup that it didnt fit in too well, now it wont flatten out.... always thought it was wierd and wondered if anyone else has had this happen to their plate. (not a new coral)

^^^^^^^^^ this isnt such a good shot, but its the best i could do. (newbie)

^^^^^^^ does my birds nest look okay? it has a dark spot in the middle and almost looks bruised. i dont know if it had it when i got it, but i notice it now. it almost seems bruised (new coral)
*all the new corals were bought last sunday, the older ones have been in the tank for 3-4 months*

snakeblitz33

The first one I would dare to call a montipora spongodes,... although it looks like it could use some color.
The second pic looks like an orange montipora digitata, but just being a small frag, it's hard to tell until it starts growing up some.
Your plate coral is fine. It will make all different kinds of weird shapes over time - and will do very well if you keep feeding it freshly prepared seafoods.
I can't really tell with your birdsnest. It does look like STN a little bit, but without a better pic I can't really tell.

kilofey

The first one I would dare to call a montipora spongodes,... although it looks like it could use some color.
The second pic looks like an orange montipora digitata, but just being a small frag, it's hard to tell until it starts growing up some.
Your plate coral is fine. It will make all different kinds of weird shapes over time - and will do very well if you keep feeding it freshly prepared seafoods.
I can't really tell with your birdsnest. It does look like STN a little bit, but without a better pic I can't really tell.
Thanks for the help ill compare it to some google pix of monti spongodes. It actually has perfect color. Its the same color as the mother colony was and it was growing like a weed in their tank. Its sort of an ugly, not exciting brownish color with pinkish tan polka dots and little hairs all over. Color isnt exciting, but everyone seems to love it :)
Btw, what is STN? Is it sun tan lol? My lights are MUCH more intense than the tank it came from. He was using only t5, i have led and one old t5 bulb (just to supplement for visual color, the leds are too blue for my liking)
Are orange cap montiporas more sensitive than green by any chance? I have a green and an orange practically next to each other, the green is plating nicely and the orange is turning white and not growing at all. It looks like its been trying to die for a while now. Im just starting to dabble with sps, so ive got quite a bit of learning to do, but so far all but the orange cap monti are doing well :)

kilofey

Eepppp!!! I found the name of this coral!!!! Its a pavona decussata, or pavona coral for short. Im so excited cause ive asked so many people and ive shown pix to all the employees at like every reef store ive been to lol. FINALLY!!!! :laughing: i thought id share, cause im super excited about it.
Heres some other pix of what they look like, second link is a much larger one than i have
http://www.3reef.com/forums/coral-month/pavona-coral-cotm-jan-09-a-56939.html
http://www.ultimatereef.net/info/iddb/images/stony/agariciidae/pavona2.jpg