Do you feed your cleanup crew?

Does anyone out there know if you should feed your cleanup crew?
Mine seems to have eaten everything off the live rock - now they're starting in on each other. My emerald crabs are going after my hermits - I've lost 11 out of 13 recently. ANd the peppermint shrimp ate one feather duster ...
WHen I feed the shrimp some cocktail shrimp, I get an ammonia spike! Any advice! Please!

Nope, I never feed mine, but thats only because they scamper across the sand like a maniac with his hair on fire any time i feed the tank. Its actually quite comical to watch. On the other hand, if I didnt have any fish, yes i would probably throw a little piece of food in there once a week or so.

coreysebes

My Starfish seems to like to eat krill so I sometimes feed him/her some ever month or so, I figure they can eat the scraps, and there's algae growth on some lr that the snails are flocking too, so I don't see why they would be hungry, and I sometimes add 3 shrimp pellets for my hermits.

lesleybird

Yes, If you do not have any fish that you are feeding that leave leftovers on the bottom for them. I would feed a couple of small sinking pellets to the crabs if you do not have much on the rock for them to eat and are not feeding fish in the tank. Lesley