Do you have another addicting hobby?

kaingers

Originally Posted by SigmaChris
http:///forum/post/2526875
I've always wondered what the fertilizer run off in the ponds will do to the fish. Do you eat them or catch and release?
I am a Turf major at NC State (which I'm proud to say was voted the number one Turf school in the country) and I can't speak for every golf course in the country, but a well managed course will not experience leaching or runoff issues because of the education those superintendents have recieved about the dangers these two issues can cause. There is a high price, not only financially but environmentally, when someone fertilizes excessively. I probably sound like I'm venting, but fingers have always been pointed, and will continue to be pointed at the golf course industry, and for these reasons I believe managers go above and beyond to ensure that fish survive to swim another day. If you ask me I will preach 100% that golf courses should be modeled after for their excellent management of water and fertilizers.
I enjoy camping when I'm not messing with my tank!

travis89

Fishing, I haven't been doing it much the last couple years though so I'm hoping to change that this year.

I like to hunt. Every time of year, I hunt something new. Like deer in the fall and winter and turkey now. I also like to hunt squairrels and quail.

rockette

Scuba dive. I'm absolutely addicted beyond belief. Wrecks, reefs, kelp forests... next step is caves, which I'm not sure I'm ready for.