Do you like your Royal Gramma?

stryder

I am thinking about getting a royal Gramma and was wonder if those of you who have them think they are a neat fish. It would be in a tank with two clowns, a purple firefish, and a flame angel, (I am hopefully going to get the firefish Wednesday and the angel would be added later, after the gramma) will they get along allright? And what are the pros and cons to this fish? Thank-you!!
Stryder:thinking:

hobomoe

in my experience they are cool fish but I have lost two pretty quickly so I have given up on them but maybe you'll have better luck.

S

sebae0

all mine have done fine always, be careful with the flame because mine will chase my royal from time to time but i have a 180gal tank. how big is your tank?

ackermsb

I love mine and he is one of the biggest I have seen. But he is such a woosie it drives me nuts. He lives in the rock and rarely pops out since he gets so much abuse from my clown fish. It is really quite sad, I wish he would stand up for himself cause if he would then he would be okay. I hope he is getting enough food down there because he is one of my fav's.

beaslbob

I have a royal gramma in my 55g along with a yellow tang, coral beauty, 2 clowns (coral and marlin), anemone, yellow gobie.
the royal has done just fine but the last couple of weeks has hidden when I was feeding. then he comes out later. He seems to want to keep away from the tang and coral beauty, but they all seems to get along fine.
And the royal is just small enough to go behind my in tank back wall egg crate. Then he pops out at another location later. Any bigger and he probably could not go between the grids on the egg crate.

stryder

Will a yellow tang get to big for a 55? I really like them also. I have alot of swimming room. I have 45lbs of live rock but have it set up where it leaves a ton of swimming space. Just wondering:)
Stryder

robchuck

I've had my current RG for going on three years now, and it's a special fish to me as it's the first fish I purchased since getting back into the hobby a few years ago. This fish has even been moved through four different tanks since I've had it.

beaslbob

Originally posted by Stryder
Will a yellow tang get to big for a 55? I really like them also. I have alot of swimming room. I have 45lbs of live rock but have it set up where it leaves a ton of swimming space. Just wondering:)
Stryder

Well It's supposed to be questionable. Been there for about 8-9 months and has trippled in size. Seems fine so far.

marineman

an awesome and colorful fish. mine is in a 55g with a coral beauty, 3 yt blue damsels, yellow tang, foxface, false perc, and a spotted mandarin and he causes no problems. he is not shy and swins all over the tank but did pick out he favorite rock crevice for home base. they are hardy and even recommended for beginners.

jrpage

I ADORE mine. He was the only fish who made it threw my clam-gone-bad crash of '03:rolleyes:
Great personality and fun to watch. I currently have an LMB and firefish in with him and they are the three amigos:D

black71gp

i love them, just can not seem to keep them alive, must be doing something wrong, will try other fish then maybe another in a few weeks. :joy: