Do you run your tank with or without a Protein Skimmer?

ryano

I have had a reef w/o a skimmer for 4 years. Nothing wrong, just thought it could be better. So I bought a new Berlin and it pulled nothing. Now it just sits there to remind me "if it ain't broke don't fix it."

treble

My tank has a skimmer and doesn't seem to be doin jack, so I am going to take it out and get a heater to put in its spot alonge with a sponge for some more filtering.

javajoe

FINALLY got my prizm protein skimmer- was really needing it-- when looking thru my tank the long way, (55 gallon- 48 inches wide) you cxouls not actually see thru it was so cloudy-- within 3 hrs the water was crystal clear!!!
My wife is very happy! :D

rhearrel

I am currently running a skimmer, however, I am researching and planning to set up a test tank using the eco-system method as a test.

coral keeper

Don't have or use a Protein Skimmer, just do 10%-15% water changes on my bio cube, 1 gallon a week. Its a 8 gallon bio cube.

syncblue

Have wet/dry in all my tanks including a 12, 20, 46, 175 all reef many feather dusters fan worms 2 skimmers on everything alot of live rock big clean up crew. Water can never be to good or clean. Just staying on the safe side water in my tanks get get a lil foggy with nothing in them to clean the water for awhile so yes to skimmers.

alix2.0

Originally Posted by ophiura
I believe this gets the honor for the oldest thread I have ever seen resurrected.

haha. oops. i usually look at the date. i feel retarded now. lol. i hate when i do that!