Do you use a razor blade to remove them?

subielover

I either use a razor blade for plugs or an exacto knife for live rock. The knife allows a little more dexterity in my experience.

lil.guppy

Originally Posted by subielover
http:///forum/post/2934396
I either use a razor blade for plugs or an exacto knife for live rock. The knife allows a little more dexterity in my experience.
and then you super glue them to your new object? Are mushrooms the only ones you cant super glue?

subielover

Yup super glue them to where they are going to go. I haven't fragged a whole lot so I am not sure what else cannot be super glued, sorry.

snakeblitz33

Never said you can't superglue mushrooms. Just most people choose not to because it will "burn" the coral.
I would use an exacto knife as well. Fragging zoas can be a pain in the rear.

clownfish11

yes it is!!! i just fragged some high end stuff and if you mess up you lose them..its a pain, but luckily i didnt mess up

coraljunkie

Key to fragging zoas I have found is to wait until you have a good developed colony. Many people just start fragging the minute they see a few new heads pop up.

pumper

Fragging zoos is easy. I use my pocket knife to break off a small piece of rock under the base of the specimen. It makes glueing easy and does not harm the base of the specimen. Using this method also requires no recovery time because the specimen was not cut.

iyachtuxivm

Two things to pay attention to here are becarful with the superglue if you get it anywhere but on the bottom of the mat it will burn the zoo. Use gel type glue.
Second zoo and palys carry a toxin called palytoxin it can cause pain, numbness, nausea and it can and does effect the nurvous system. Dont cut yourself while working with these ie- becarful.
Wash your hands after or wear gloves or do both.