Doctor shrimp

leviwin

I went to the lfs here in my home town of Willard Ut where they only sell freshwater fish, but he gave me a list of saltwater fish that he could order. When I looked at the list I noticed normal scarlet cleaner shrimp peppermint shrimp and such, plus a shrimp that I have never heard of the Doctor shrimp. Has anybody heard of this? I've been looking all over and can't find any info or pictures and was hoping on of you guys could help me. If anybody has any info or pictures I would love to know more about this shrimp.

leviwin

Does this shrimp have another name? Or could they just be confusing it with a cleaner shrimp. I've read a couple of different things about shrimp Doctoring fish in that they remove paracites and other things such as ick.

leviwin

Do you think it would be worth 20 dollars to find out what kind of shrimp he is? I finally found something on Doctor shrimp, but it wasn't much just somebody else on another bullitin board with some questions.

leviwin

It is Hi Tech Fisheries in Salt Lake Utah. They have peppermints posted as 3.50, Camelbacks as 2.50, Cleaners as 12, Coral banded as 4 and this doctorshrimp as 20.

mbell

I am not sure how far willard is from Bountiful or Salt Lake but if you get the chance and are looking for good SW fish you should check out Bird World Pet Village in Bountiful they have a good selection of SW fish and so does the Aquarium on 90th and 7th east in Salt Lake or Incredible Pets on 90th and Highland

leviwin

As of yet I haven't seen any at these stores. Buy the way Willard is by Willard Bay just about an hour north of SLC.

joe r.

Hey Leviwin,
I did a search on utah and came up with this thread. Those prices are pretty cheap for those shrimp. Where is this place located. I can't find it in the yellowpages or whitepages. Do you have an address for it.
Hopefully you see this.
Thanks