Does a Skunk Cleaner shrimp help with ich?

jmerk

I want to get a cleaner shrimp and I was wondering if they eat or get rid of ich. I know they are good shrimp and clean fish (just let me ramble a little...
) and I think they eat algae too.
Please let me know what they do,
Thanks
Jmerk

cjason3041

not to sure if they eat algae....mine loves mysis...but yes they will help with ich, but i am not sure if they will cure a fish or just eat the eggs (so to speak) in the sand

lesleybird

They can help a little, but mine are too well fed and don't clean much of anything any more. They will not cure or prevent ich.

aquaguy24

might help preventing it from happening a little but dought they make any difference once one fish gets infected..mine doesn't eat algae at all..they just eat when ever i feed my fish..

sepulatian

Originally Posted by Jmerk
I want to get a cleaner shrimp and I was wondering if they eat or get rid of ich. I know they are good shrimp and clean fish (just let me ramble a little...
) and I think they eat algae too.
Please let me know what they do,
Thanks
Jmerk
NOT AT ALL!!!!! Cleaners will not get rid of ich in a system. They sometimes pick ich off of the fish. They do NOT pick ich off of the sand bed. Everytime one ich cyst drops off, many more are born. They are all ready to feed.