Does Anybody Have Some Coraline Shavings They Would Sell Me?

Hey everyone, I had my old tank "crash" so I had to put everything into a brand new tank. In my old tank, I had a big plastic piece (I think it was a soapbar holder lol) that was covered in coraline algae that a guy had sent me when I tried corals. Unfortunately the piece dried out as it was on the bottom of my priority list at the time and all the coraline on it died. I was planning on seeding my tank with it, but didn't have a chance to. Does anybody have anything maybe in their sump that they could pull some coraline shavings off of and ship me the shavings? I'd def. be willing to pay you for a little bag.

mr_x

do you think it would live in a ziplock in an envelope? i have plating coralline all over the place. as long as it only costs me 40-50 cents, i don't mind mailing you some.

I appreciate that. I think it would be worth a shot and I would def. pay you for your troubles.
Originally Posted by Mr_X
http:///forum/post/2778592
do you think it would live in a ziplock in an envelope? i have plating coralline all over the place. as long as it only costs me 40-50 cents, i don't mind mailing you some.

subielover

Gotcha, I figured you had thought of it but just figured I would ask. I wonder if just getting a bit from Mr. X is all it would take, hmm. Let us know how it works out for you.

mr_x

it's no trouble. i'll send it out monday with everyone elses orders from my sale thread.
send me your address again.

scuba diva

My husband & I just scraped & cleaned out my 55 that I had for 5 years! I could have sent you a pound from the back wall!

silverdak

hahaha shipping coraline.. what next? shipping water? I'm just messing around with ya tho. I imagine your trying to get some coraline to grow in your tank???

Yeah, I'd really like to get the coraline going. I've been packing in the calcium, but wanted to see if seeding would help. Mr. X def hooked me up. There was enough to cover the entire tank about four times over. lol