Does anyone else do this . . .

tangman99

I'm starting to think I'm a little obsessive compulsive. When I take the stairs, I always find myself counting the steps. Does anyone else do this or is it just me. :thinking:

whitey

I refuse to take stairs anywhere.
When I come to them, I turn around.
Is this weird or do other people do this too?

takia

I do..... I also count how many times I can wiggle my toes while the comercials are on, haw many steps to my desk, I sing itsy bitsy spider 2 times for each side of my head while drying it, I know how many times that I can also sing it in the tanning bed..... So, if you are OCD can you imagine what I am?!?!

socal57che

I refuse to comment on the grounds that I may incriminate myself.
That's 53 letters not counting the eleven spaces and the period.

alyssia

You guys crack me up. My husband is the same way. I say he's OCD. When we're driving he has to count light posts.

cynelson

Once I start counting, I can't stop in my head. Especially if I lay down and start count sheep. God I hope I don't do that tonight just becasue I remembered. I also start counting in my head to the tick tock of a clock and there is no way I can stop until the clock is gone! LOL

scotts

I have counted stairs, but fortunatley stopped. However I have found that I do not step on cracks on a sidewalk. Go figure?!!

J

jdragunas

if someone pokes me on my arm, i have to poke that exact same spot on the other side, just as hard. If joe kisses me on my cheek, he has to kiss me on the other side in the same spot... it's an 'even-ness' thing... My sister on the other hand has this thing about 'imaginary strings'... like if you take your fingers and twirl them around eachother, it makes her mad, because you're wrapping the strings around your fingers, and you have to undo it... she also has to finish every sentence... so if someone's talking and they stop and start the same sentence over again, she repeats the rest of it so the unfinished first half has a 2nd half to it..............

tinydove

I have been counting steps for almost 2 years now because I am losing my sight due to RP. Hubby laughs when I do it, but I think it is his way of coping with it all. I do real well in my house, been here for 11 years so I know my way around.
Hubby gets worried with me having a saltwater tank for can't even eat any seafood or even touch shrimp...could make me real sick or even worse :scared: He did take it down at one point and only let me have fish but he saw how unhappy I was so it just got up and running again.
I just can't part with it. It's all I have to keep me busy. I had to promise him no Lion Fish though...lol and I were gloves just incase I get to close to something that could hurt me. And he helps me with it now, should I need him.

ophiura

I am definitely at the very least borderline if not relatively mild/moderate case OCD. I don't count steps, but I do have to stare at lights and count to 5, 3 times, to be sure they are actually off. I also have to "lean" on the refrigerator doors for the same count (which is, BTW, a set pattern...1,2,3,4,5...1,2,3,4,5...(fast) then 1...2...3...4...5...(slower). I have to do this also with the front door, and if I am interrupted, then I have to start over. There are several things actually that need this attention. I can ask my husband if they are off, and he then "takes responsibility" and I am fine. But it takes me awhile to leave the house if it is just me.
It isn't easy to deal with, for sure.
I suppose the real problem would be if you have to go back and recount the steps if you stop, or if you get to the top and think you miscounted and have to count again. I am probably in this phase, though not with steps.

celacanthr

I do the evenness thing as well, whenever I draw, and it is just random shapes, I have to try and color it so that the same number of similair shapes have the opposite color, confusing i suppose. I do count alot though, and I make up algebra problems for things that really do not need them.

darth tang

I must be abnormal. I do nothing like any of that. Perhaps I should see a doctor about my normal behavior.
Darth (although I read every post twice to be sure) Tang

tangman99

Originally Posted by Darth Tang
I must be abnormal. I do nothing like any of that. Perhaps I should see a doctor about my normal behavior.
Darth (although I read every post twice to be sure) Tang
Come on Darth, I read your posts. You are in no way normal.