Does anyone have a clown trigger?

tarrahsmom

I am looking into getting a=nother tank and i love this fish. Anyone have one? Do they have to be kept alone?

stdreb27

If you have a giant tank you could, the level of aggression really depends on the individual fish. But I'd say in many cases you'd need to have a species tank. BTW can you get any further north in texas than perryton?

tarrahsmom

LOL, Perryton is about as far north as you can be and still be in Texas. i am 7 miles from the ok state line

it's chuck

I don't Have one but I consider it a species-only fish, only way I would try it with other fish is with other very agressive triggers and large groupers and/or eels even then I would consider it iffy

stdreb27

I have a friend who had a 300 with several triggers, a puffer and some tangs. The clown went in, then beat everyone up and he took the little devil out. And that was in a 300. It definately think that he might be a clown and a couple of eels and a few black mollies 150 or something. Be a cool and mean tank!
Where do you get your fish, I've been up there and there is NOTHING for miles unless you count some agg and oil

tarrahsmom

I get my fish at Amarillo, Tx.
I love this fish but i dont know if i want to buy another big tank for just one fish. hmmmm what to do

stdreb27

Originally Posted by Tarrahsmom
http:///forum/post/2713349
I get my fish at Amarillo, Tx.
I love this fish but i dont know if i want to buy another big tank for just one fish. hmmmm what to do
If you have the $$ what I'd do is get a 150 or so set up a simple sump, put a couple of eels a mean old wrasse and a clown in there, put about 10 black mollies in the sump and use their kids for live food. It is a really impressive setup if you've ever seen something like that.