Does anyone have a Whitespotted bamboo Shark?

rookie

I have only seen one photo in a book once of this shark and am curious if anyone has one that they could post some photo's of. These are one of my favorite sharks and would like to see more pictures.
Thanks,
Nick

rookie

Is this quiz time because i didn't know what that the whitespotted was only black when it was young. That looks like a gray bamboo shark.
Nick

bullshark

It is my shark. I don't know what it is. It was sold to me as a 'banded shark', but the guy didn't know what the species was. I have had him a month now and he is getting skinnier. Eating, but also getting skinnier.....
Good luck to me!

rookie

I would go with him, the grey bamboo shark is supposed to be rare in the aquarium trade, According to this book. But it does resembel the one in the picture quite closely. I wish there were more good books on aquarium sharks. If you don't have "aquarium sharks and rays" by Scott W. Michael I would recommend getting it.
Nick

jim27

Yeah I have one. The black whitespotted you're looking for is just the juvenile color. Mine was originally black when I bought it but but its color lightened. I've linked and attached some pics.
early 2002
Now: