Does anyone have pictures from scuba diving or anything like that

vinnyl

Hey Sunny.... where @ in Ft. lauderdale you went scuba?? I usually go to commercial blvd..all the way to the pier. Let me know some good spots around this area.. Tks a bunch

sunny

Originally Posted by Vinnyl
Hey Sunny.... where @ in Ft. lauderdale you went scuba?? I usually go to commercial blvd..all the way to the pier. Let me know some good spots around this area.. Tks a bunch

I usually go with SE Oceanic Sevices - Their boat is located between Sheridan and Dania Beach Blvd on the intercoastal (east side). They like to go around Oakland Park Blvd, Commercial, Sunrise and sometimes just south of the port. My favorite pace is just south of the port, I think it is called minecar reef or something, I will have to check my dive book. I am more of a reef diver then a reck diver. I have been to most of the recks in Fort Laudredale and I have not been very impressed. I prefer looking at the corals and fish, and I prefer to stay down longer. The recks tend to be deeper, so you don't get a lot of bottom time. I highly recommend SE Oceanic.

yellowlogi

Hey steveweast,
Is there anyway I can get the information on the trip you went on. The place where the pictures are from. In a few months it will be me and my wife's aniversery and I would love to go there. If you can please email me at yellowlogic@cox.net

steveweast

Originally Posted by YellowLogi
Hey steveweast,
Is there anyway I can get the information on the trip you went on. The place where the pictures are from. In a few months it will be me and my wife's aniversery and I would love to go there. If you can please email me at yellowlogic@cox.net

Air travel to Bora Bora is easy. Several airlines...air New Zealand, air France, air Tahiti Nui and others have daily non stops out of LAX to Papette, Tahiti.....then a short 45 minute inter island flight to Bora Bora. We stayed at the Nui....here's their link.
http://www.boraboranui.com/

vinnyl

Originally Posted by sunny
I usually go with SE Oceanic Sevices - Their boat is located between Sheridan and Dania Beach Blvd on the intercoastal (east side). They like to go around Oakland Park Blvd, Commercial, Sunrise and sometimes just south of the port. My favorite pace is just south of the port, I think it is called minecar reef or something, I will have to check my dive book. I am more of a reef diver then a reck diver. I have been to most of the recks in Fort Laudredale and I have not been very impressed. I prefer looking at the corals and fish, and I prefer to stay down longer. The recks tend to be deeper, so you don't get a lot of bottom time. I highly recommend SE Oceanic.
Tks Sunny!! I'll pay em a visit!!

saltn00b

wow great pics, what kind of camera rig is that? it looks pricier than that 700 dolla underwater casing for my 500 dolla digital canon i was considering LOL. thats all i need, to combine 2-3 expensive hobbies!!!

squiddly

Thank you. I have to tell you, if you aren't REALLY into photos, then don't attempt to travel with as much gear as we have to. Both my husband and I are underwater photographers. We generally take 120 lbs worth of equipment each, scuba and photo. The rig I was carrying is a Nikon D100 in a sea and sea housing with a wide angle port and two sea and sea strobes. We take one hard case with the photo gear, one case for clothes and scuba gear and a carry on. We used to shoot film with Nikon F100s but when we went digital, we had to change the whole housing. Underwater it's light. Carrying it from your rinse bucket to your oom..... not so light :).
You CAN do a good job with the less expensive cameras if you remember a few simple rules. 1) Get CLOSE. Obviously if you're trying to chase a hammerhead, or a turtle, or an eagle ray, it's just not going to work. Open the lens as wide as you can, turn off the strobe, shoot, and let photoshop sort it out. 2) When you shoot macro critters (if you can do that with your set up) get CLOSE. That strobe should be POWERFUL. Stop down the lens as much as you can so that you get as much of the critter in focus as you can. 3) Don't TOUCH anything to get your shots. Sometimes you have to let that perfect shot go by if it would mean injuring corals, sponges, etc. in order to get it. I still have a few scars from damsel fish attacks when trying to shoot a seahorse. I had to wait until he moved into a good spot (couldn't just shove the soft corals to the side... not good) and whenever he would move to the right place, a damsel fish would BITE me. ARGH! An unscupulous photographer would have beat up said damsel fish. I bet it's still on the reef as we speak.
Shoot manual whenever you can. Check the exposure after you shoot (if using digital of course) and adjust accordingly.
There are some good lightweight digital outfits out there. Check www.cathychurch.com for some good information on set ups for small digitals. I don't work for her, but I've taken a number of rips with them and had a wonderful time.