does anyone keep a log of there tank

kywildcats

this is my first thread i was wondering if anyone keep a log of there tanks like what gets added to the tank, water tests, etc.

khilgers

Welcome to the site
I just joined here and I have already learned so much.
Anyway, I keep a log of all my water parameters since I started up my tank about 3 months ago. About once a week I test my water and write it down.

lion_crazz

Yep, I keep logs of what I add to my tank and when, where my water parameters are, when I do my water changes, when I change my carbon, etc. I think it is the best way to go so that you can always remember what you did and when you did it.
Welcome to the board, by the way!

viper_930

I only keep a log of the live stuff in my tank. Fish, inverts, corals, hitch-hikers and such. I note when they were added, where they are from, how much they cost, and for hermits when they changed their shells. I keep a picture of everything on my laptop. I also take monthly pics of how the coralline is growing on each rock.

liverock27

Welcome to the site. I also have learned so much in the month or so I have been on the site and have been helped with a few problems that my tank had. I keep a record of water changes and when I clean my equipment. I also have a calendar of when and how much supplements I add per day, it helps for when I am out of town so my rommates know how much and when to put in supplements. I also write down when I get new tank mates and their behavior/interactions for the first week or when something strange occurs. Good luck with you tank

reef fool

I jsut use one of those free calendars that you get at the local gas station and keep a log on that. Been doing that for over 2 years now.

angelofish

I use a program called Aqualog. I dont remember where I got it but it was free.You can customize it to suit your needs.You can type in any info for that day.It'll keep track of the date.You can keep track of Nitrate,SG,Ammonia etc.It also has pop ups for tasks that need to be done soon or if theyre overdue.You can manage multiple tanks at the same time.I type it any changes,problems,additions,deaths etc. Nice for the price.

tsx

Not as much anymore; I used a spreadsheet documenting test results, additions, results, mistakes etc.
I found mine from 1998, kinda fun to read:)

fire30b

Welcome. I keep a log book of anything I do to my tank. From the live fish I add to all of my water levels. If you haven't started a log book I would suggested it. It can help you find any trouble that your having. Good Luck

brandons

I don't have my tank up yet as I still need to buy lr, water, build my canopy, and some miscellanous other things, but I started a log in ReefCon. So far it just has the expenses in it, but I want to start from the very beginning so I always know where i've been and what has been done.