does anyone no the gph for 90g aga overflow?

peckhead

im trying to figure out what pump to get for my sump. it is a 90g with a built in overflow. the sump is a 16g. does anyone know?

briandg

That's correct 600gph each. I've been researching for my new (used) tank I have yet to pick up.

bpd

Originally Posted by peckhead
anyone?
it depends. :)
how far below the display tank is the sump?
sump only? or sump/fuge?
how much turnover are you trying to achieve?
16G is the total capacity of the sump or just the amount you're using?
you may need to use a combination of pump (in the sump) and powerhead(s) in the tank to avoid microbubbles forming because of too much flow in the lower tank.

peckhead

Originally Posted by sign guy
aga back overflows are 600gph but each but aga corner overflows are only 400 gph
the overflow on my tank is in the corner. you can see it from the left side of the tank and the back of the tank... so its only 400gph?

peckhead

im still not sure how many gph that does...700???
i have a "mag drive model 3" and that does 350gph...
if you can just let me know the gph i should be using for a pump. thanks alot for the help man

C

cmaxwell39

a mag 3 would do 350 gph with no head pressure. In the real world you have to pump the water up to the tank and that lift creates resistance. Also the piping itself between the pump and the outlet creates resistance. This resistance decreases the capacity that the pump can push. So, even though the mag 7 is rated to push 700 gph at 0 head it will probably be pushing really close to the 400 gph that your overflow is rated for once you get it in place with all the plumbing, ect. HTH