does my colt look healthy

grumpygils

Originally Posted by goonter
bump
Looks good to me and big for $39. You could frag it already! If you just got it yesterday, it probably has not swelled to it's full potential. They swell and deflate continously. Placement is important, I like to place mine where it is low flow and barely waving. Mine leans up against the corner glass/rock and seems to love it.
Mc

goonter

yeah that is what I thought when I saw it.... it is huge. Should I wait and let it get used to my tank before I frag it or can I do it now? What is the best way to frag it (this will be my first time fragging any coral and I am afraid I will kill it)?

michaeltx

I would wait till its settled in the tank. moving tank to tank will stress them abit and when its all settled in then disturb it again LOL
looks good though
Mike

grumpygils

How long do you think I should wait before I frag this guy, and what is the best way to do it?
You can frag any time. I cut off a branch with a razor and then sew it on to a rock. COlt is tough to glue or wedge between rocks.
Mc

mtennant

I cut my under water... But its hard to keep it on a rock.. Can't use any glue so let me know how you frag it...

mtennant

Originally Posted by grumpygils
You can frag any time. I cut off a branch with a razor and then sew it on to a rock. COlt is tough to glue or wedge between rocks.
Mc
ummm sewing might work.. i might try it tonight

grumpygils

When i cut it do I pull it out of the water or do i do it under water?
That one is pretty big but I usually try to pull it out and put it in a bowl of the tank water, then get my frag rock and needle/thread ready in a separate little bowl. I cut the frag and put it into the little bowl, put the coral back in the main tank and throw out the water. Then I sew in the water (little bowl) as best I can and then place the frag back in the tank in a low flow area. When you take the main coral out, it will quickly shrink, so make sure you already know where you are going to cut. The colt frag will probably look pitiful for several days and then come back. The primary coral should look ok in a few hours to a day.
Mc

goonter

I think I will try the toothpick method... I have read about it and it seems like it should work? I will try to cut it under water. I hope I don't mess this up. Thanks for replys