Does my tank look foggy?

asbury030

ok my tank is still foggy what should i do any suggestions?Could it be the water im using because i get it from my bath tub and i use amquel to get the chlorine and the other stuff out what should I do?:help:

bradttu

Rinse it with RO.
My 20 was cloudy for a few days and then I took my algae scrubber and srubbed the inside of my tank. There was a slight film on the glass that came off.
This might be a dumb suggestion, but it worked for me.
Here it is on the 1st night.

Y

yae4volcom

It looks good Asbury. I also have an Eclipse 12 and I love it. The lighting is a bit of a pain to upgrade but owell. It doesn't look too cloudy at all. How much LR do you plan on adding?

rapt0r32

I was lucky with my 55... it cleared over night.. my old 125 on the other hand took 5-6 days... Alot of cleaning the glass and cleaning the filters....

Y

yae4volcom

I have 17 lb of lr in mine. It came in 4 big pieces which was nice. Right now I am not even running the carbon. I ditched the whole filter. When i get the hang on aquafuge I might get a small HOB carbon for that. As for cleaning the cartridge I just rinsed it with tap. It really doesnt do much because the stuff is ussually stuck. I would just buy a new carttridge after a while anyway.

Y

yae4volcom

There is a pretty recent pic in the teenage tank thread. When I added the sand and rock I ran the carbon pad just to pull out all the free floating stuff.

rapt0r32

Originally posted by Asbury030
how did u clean ur filter with tap water or what?

Yes... I have never had a problem with the water in my town. I only run a FO tank. I just take them out and go to the sink and wash them out.... Depending on water conditions in your town would be if you could do that or not.