Does the LFS Lie on Purpose?

spanko

As with anything else, Caveat emptor, let the buyer beware. I would expound on this and say let the buyer be AWARE!!

deejeff442

hey stdreb, which lfs you talking about with the sps? franks tanks is at granbury rd. and hulen.its a small place but he is loaded with alot of corals at very cheap prices.i have to wait till the next tank to buy more.there is also fish paradise on mccart.have not been there in a long time but i like how they have their corals.they have like 6 90 gallon tanks with stairs in them with the corals on them.each tank is marked ....this tank $55 the next tank $45 and so on.so its easy to see the prices.but i am happy at franks.plus like i said he is a cool dude

sepulatian

I think it completely depends on where you go. I prefer smaller shops over something like *****. When you find a great store and keep coming back, they usually treat you like gold ;)

stdreb27

Quote:
Originally Posted by deejeff442 http:///t/390882/does-the-lfs-lie-on-purpose/20#post_3464565
hey stdreb, which lfs you talking about with the sps? franks tanks is at granbury rd. and hulen.its a small place but he is loaded with alot of corals at very cheap prices.i have to wait till the next tank to buy more.there is also fish paradise on mccart.have not been there in a long time but i like how they have their corals.they have like 6 90 gallon tanks with stairs in them with the corals on them.each tank is marked ....this tank $55 the next tank $45 and so on.so its easy to see the prices.but i am happy at franks.plus like i said he is a cool dude
fish2morrow, had a crapload of SPS frags, and a nice grow out tank, back in the day, (I haven't been there in a couple of years) IMO all fish have Ich from an LFS.
The one on Mccart was the one with the huge shark tank back in the day right, (like 5 years ago)?

deejeff442

all lfs fish might have ich but theirs atr loaded with it and also lympho.they told me once they dont treat it just let it go away.
i havnt bought a fish in a long time .tangsrule got me my last 3 and qt'ed them for me.
if you are ever up this way check out franks tanks .like i said he dont have many fish but he has alot of sweet corals cheap.
his show tank when you walk in is a big sps tank with alot of fish

mrdc

You learn after staying in the hobby who you can trust. I know a place that has a lot of complete tank deaths yet the guy running it has to stock it back up because it's his job to. He tells me not to buy out of those tanks.