Does this anemone look healthy?

bms

i bought this anemone a couple days ago and it didnt really catch my attention til today that his mouth is almost always open. is this because he is just constantly feeding or is this a sign of a problem?

nycbob

from the pic, it does look a bit bleached. as long as u hv good lighting (mh or t5) and water quality, just monitor it for the next few days. the tentacles r extended, so that at least is a good sign.

cedarreef

Originally Posted by nycbob
http:///forum/post/3107009
from the pic, it does look a bit bleached. as long as u hv good lighting (mh or t5) and water quality, just monitor it for the next few days. the tentacles r extended, so that at least is a good sign.
+1 It was probably under less than ideal lights at the LFS which caused the bleaching. With the proper lights, water conditions, and some TLC, you'll have a healthy, happy anemone soon!

bms

Awesome. So what color should it be? I just thought It was a white anemone? Will it be white with some color or will it turn a different color completely with a little TLC? Thanks for the help. And what do u think of the mouth being open? Is that a negative sign as well?

cedarreef

It will probably be a shade of tan or cream, but it could always turn into another color like green. The mouth might just be open because it's adjusting to your tank or possibly expelling waste if it was fed recently.

bms

the picture does make it look a little white but it is more of a tan color. sadly i added some buffer last night to raise the pH and he didnt like it the least bit. the second the stuff was added he immediately darted underground and took about an hour for him to fully come out. today he looks great though. he is out of his hole and probably the biggest i have seen him. his mouth is still a little open, not sure if its just how he is or what but he seems to be loving it in his new home. thanks for your guys' help.