Dog Ate A Mushroom !!!!

morval

i was cleaning out my tank and there was one yuma ricordia that was bleached so i pulled it out and it sliped and my dog ate it. what will this do to him? it was about the size of a dime. pease help

t316

Probably nothing. If anything, he might throw up later, like they do when they eat grass. Did he seem to like it?

morval

i donno if he ever likes anything he eats so fast...i have to put tennis balls in his food dish to slow him down so he dont gag

t316

Originally Posted by morval
http:///forum/post/2690435
i donno if he ever likes anything he eats so fast...i have to put tennis balls in his food dish to slow him down so he dont gag

Thats funny

What kind/size dog is he?
A lot of dogs, especially bigger breeds, have stomachs like iron. They can eat just about anything. If it's something that disagrees with them, it usually doesn't stay in their stomach long enough for their body to absorb it.

morval

hes a greyhound,65# they have very sesitive stomachs just changing food brands give them the runs for a few days. as long as the mushroom wont poison him i can deal with it. i didnt think they were as bad as palys/zoas.

perfectdark

I dont think you will have an issue however I would PM reefkprZ and ask. Also make certain there were no zoa polyps of any kind that were part of your dogs snack. This can be deadly...

t316

I don't know much about that breed morval. He sounds like my poodle, sensitive. I can't change his food brand either. But my lab (outside) can eat a terd and not think twice. I have not heard of a yuma being poisonous though. Maybe one of our vets on here will see this and chime in.

morval

well its been a few hours and hes acting the same as ever so i think he should be alright. thanx for the info and calming me down guys

morval

well i just let him out b4 bedtime and he ate some grass so he must have a upset stomach from it expect he will puke in the middle of the night
. i PM'ed reefkeprz and he said theres no toxins just possibility of bacteria, so no real health threat just vomit and the runs to look forward to

paintballer768

Originally Posted by morval
http:///forum/post/2691011
well i just let him out b4 bedtime and he ate some grass so he must have a upset stomach from it expect he will puke in the middle of the night
. i PM'ed reefkeprz and he said theres no toxins just possibility of bacteria, so no real health threat just vomit and the runs to look forward to

Hahah, just make sure you check the ground before you step out of bed.

nvsbandit

ive got a whippet and when he was a pup he had the same eating problem hed eat his whole bowl in less than 10 seconds....rediculous....then throw it right back up.
we used rocks (obviously cleaned) to slow him down because he couldnt move them.
dogs can eat some weird things and be okay.
my old dog ate a pound of butter, a whole bowl of blue berries, countless pounds of chocolate. put him to rest at 16 1/2 lol i think he did damn good.