Dog face puffer

cincyreefer

Yeah, there are many people on here that keep them. They are probably one of the most popular puffers (except for porcs...). Overall, they are one of the easiest saltwater fish to keep as long as they are provided with a large enough home and fed a good variety of frozen foods. Are you asking about any specific dog face puffer? Generally, any of the Arothon sp. are called dog face puffers, and they get rather large. As far as putting one with a niger trigger, normally they are fine, but as always you never know exactly how a trigger will react to another fish added.

moopiespoo

I love my dog face. They are very easy and have a ton of personality. They act just like dogs. When he sees me getting his food he will 'sit' at the bottom and wag his tail until I open the hood. He also lets me pet him. I think putting one with a niger would be fine, but as with any fish watch for aggression and be prepared to give it back.

I

irenicus

I have a gold belly dfp and he is just awesome. They have some of the coolest personalities you can see in a fish. Your puffer should not have any problems with a Niger Trigger. Make sure you feed them a good variety of frozen/fresh food (i.e. Krill, Silversides, Scallops, Clams, Mussels, Etc.)

chythn71

i have had a dog face puffer for about a year now i love him very easy to keep will eat anything you put in the tank very kool fish

fishie

I really like my dogface puffer, but mine is a picky eater for some reason. He loves mussels and he likes pellets (ocean nutrition). He won't eat frozen foods.
If I put frozen food in, he'll ignore it, and scratch his teeth against the tank to get my attention - and it works because I don't want scratches in the acrylic!

I

irenicus

Ouch... Bad combo, DFP's and Accrylic do not get along well. Be prepared for some scratchs my friend. :(