Dog face puffers

buckey

Just bought a dog face puffer, I thought he was stuck in a lava rock, so I tried shaking him out and he puffed up to about 3 times his size. He's still puffed and I'm scared the lava rock is going to cut him. What causes them to puff up?? How big do they get before it is dangerous for them? How long do they stay puffed up???

whipple

DONT TRY TO MOVE HIM FISH REALY DONT GET STUCK THEY PUFF UP BIG WHEN HE'S NOT SCARED HE WILLDOWN SIZE HIMSELF

whipple

DONT TRY TO MOVE HIM FISH REALY DONT GET STUCK THEY PUFF UP BIG WHEN HE'S SCARED WHEN HE'S NOT NOT SCARED HE WILL DOWN SIZE HIMSELF

buckey

Thanks we left him alone and he's all better now. Just kinda worried me, never had one before today. Now he is swimmin as hard as he can into the glass. He is showin his teeth and snappin his teeth together. Looks like a dog barkin at somethin. at any rate he doesn't look very happy at all. Should i turn the light off for a while?

buckey

I just bought him yesterday. He was a new arrival at my lfs. He had been there 2 days. My only guess is he was just captured and has never been in captivity. He is a little better today but is still snapping at the glass.

guppie

He just seeing his own reflection in the glass and thinking there is another puffer in the tank with him and he is just trying to tell the other one that he is the boss, mine still does this from time to time and had him for over 2 years and there is a porky in the same tank with him and he love it. Good Luck