dogface eating my snails help

bamack2

what can i do my dogface eating my snail how do i keep my tank clean with him in there if he is going to eat the snails please help thanks

v-lioness

Puffers eat snails plus it will help keep your puffers teeth filed. Have a good skimmer and some hefty water changes.
Kaye

boalgf

Hey man, nice seeing you again. Like I said, the best thing would be to get an algae scraper and mag float. I have a kit that comes with an algae blade, bristle pad, and scooper for the larger crap and debri. I don't have a problem with algae on my glass. Also, high water flow using power heads cuts down on a whole lot of algae problems. Puffers eat inverts. That's what those monster beaks are for, to crush the shells. You can't stop him from doing it you just have to work around it.

morales67

Originally Posted by bamack2
what can i do my dogface eating my snail how do i keep my tank clean with him in there if he is going to eat the snails please help thanks
you should have been prepaired for that
puffers just eat snails
:joy:
:joy:

wayne27

My porky was about 7 inches at the time I transferred him to my 100 gallon and thinking he wasnt big enough and well fed to eat my clean up crew of snails, conches, and hermits, he ate everything thing except for a few of the crabs. I do weekly water changes of 30 percent the first, 10 percent the second week and alternate weeks.

lion_crazz

Yep, eating snails is very common for puffers, and is actually quite good for them to do. If you have algae, correct the problem. Control your nitrates/phosphates/silicates by increasing water changes, don't leave your lights on too long (no more than 10 or 11 hours), replace your bulbs when needed (every 6 to 8 months), and make sure you have enough flow in your tank.