Dogface puFFer

puffrbware

My dogface was caught in my 802 powerhead this morning,, after i freed him ,,he died later in the afternoon. I'm very upset and my tank seems empty without the lil fella. He was 3 in big,,, has this happened to anyone before? Can i get another one? please respond !!! ill appreaciate it..thanks

puffrbware

it works as a filter of some sort and the bottom of the water suction is capped off with holes across (its not THAT powerful)

mystic cat

aww i'm so sorry to hear that...thats horrible...i wish there was something i could do to help you...don't worry...everything will be okay...i think you should get another one...don't feel upset hun...this will only make you stronger...

nw2sltfsh

My sympathies on your loss. I can completely identify with what you are feeling. We had our porcupine puffer, "Puffy", for 3 months when the same thing happened to us.
We later found out that due to the fact that puffers are such slow swimmers, you need to have large pre-filters on your powerheads if you have small Puffers. Aquaclear sells them for their models (they are small cylinders about 3 inches in diameter and 6-7 inches tall).
If you want to replace your puffer, I would recommend that you try and purchase one at least 5 inches in legnth. "Puffy 2" is about that legnth and does not seem to be having any difficulty with the powerheads.