dogface

st3

i got my dogface puffer yesterday and he seems to just hang out at the top of the tank on top of the powerhead. his eyes are green also is this normal? he does not eat.

yardrat

thats pretty normal for a puffer.. when i got mine he did the same thing... his eyes should be green untill he grows.. as i understand from friends.. try feeding him a piece of shrimp.. but if he does not eat remove it.. also try reef carnivor ours likes both.. good luck :D

whipple

may take a few days before he adjust to his new home - no prob- also may be a day or two before he eats - no prob- but your gonna love having him there great and develop personalities that are just the best

st3

can i put a mandarin goby in with him also if i have lots of live rocl? he hasnt bothered any other fish shrimp or snail or crab yet.

spankr

not a chance, the mandarin will be an expensive lunch. I also have a dogface and it took him about 2 weeks to settle in.
He will sit on top of the LR in the corner to sleep. It looks like a dog curling up when they sleep. Cool Fish

st3

the people at the pet shop said maybe it would be ok cause i have the most docile of the two species(dogface puffer and niger trigger) both which are very small at the moment

underthesea

I would advise against it. You will be giving the puffer a very expensive meal. The trigger could even try to take a few bits out of him also. Remember these fish grow same with there attitude.