dolphin pump not working

tru conch

my dolphin pump has stopped working. its an amp master 3600 pump (extrenal)
the motor is running, but the shaft is not turning. i have manually turned the shaft, so i know its not lodged. when the shaft does turn, it barely turns over.
the lines are primed so i know its not a suction isssue. i have sprayed wd 40 on the shaft to help loosen it up.
any suggestions to get this pump working again?

tru conch

after doing battle with this pump and doing some research ive decieded that its more headache and work than its worth.
it was my closed loop pump. so now im just going to save up and either buy a new pump or purchase tunze stream powerheads. :mad:

golfish

sounds like the seal is bad....its a common problem with the AM pumps....but then maybe not. Have you taken the pump apart and cleaned it? I mean completely apart.

offshore80

I've been round and round with dolphin. I feel for you. I have a new one in a box at all times just for that issue. It doesn't sound like a seal leak though cause mine would leak but keep pumping. Maybe there is a keyway on the impeller shaft that's sheared?? Causing the motor to run but the shaft not to turn. You can always buy another and then send that back.