Don't join the saltwater group on Facebook

Luanne

I thought I would join a saltwater group on Facebook. I posted a picture of my new tank and I have been told my tank is ugly in some not so nice words. I was told I am uglier than sh$$. I shouldn't have the fish I do. Telling me I'm not treating my fish right. I was told I am too old to even have a tank. Man what is wrong with people. I am not staying in that group

mandy111

That group has a pinned post
Stating it's not actually a fish forum
It's a group of people that just make fun
I was not one in that conversation
But if you want to talk reefing it's not the one
Promise you that

P.S

You held your own well
There is plenty of other fb groups that are welcoming & kind & helpful

Reefers anonymous
( has about 450)
Members is a fantastic group of people
Give it a try :)

Luanne

That group has a pinned post
Stating it's not actually a fish forum
It's a group of people that just make fun
I was not one in that conversation
But if you want to talk reefing it's not the one
Promise you that

P.S

You held your own well
There is plenty of other fb groups that are welcoming & kind & helpful

Reefers anonymous
( has about 450)
Members is a fantastic group of people
Give it a try :)
I wasn't going to let them push me around

2quills

Some of them can be like that. I'm on saltwater fish and coral keepers which seems pretty good and there are some big names in the hobby on there. But with 30,000 members there's bound to be a few trolls here and there.

Luanne

Some of them can be like that. I'm on saltwater fish and coral keepers which seems pretty good and there are some big names in the hobby on there. But with 30,000 members there's bound to be a few trolls here and there.
yeah they were horrible. attacked me right off the start. never going back there

2quills

yeah they were horrible. attacked me right off the start. never going back there
I call them hobby terrorists. Sad part is most of the a-holes are beginners and don't always understand what they're talking about themselves.

But luckily we have my good buddy Florida Joe to protect us around here. He keeps me safe and gives me cookies.

Luanne

I call them hobby terrorists. Sad part is most of the a-holes are beginners and don't always understand what they're talking about themselves.

But luckily we have my good buddy Florida Joe to protect us around here. He keeps me safe and gives me cookies.
Yeah he seems to be a good guy