Dos anyone think i should rearange my rock work?

coral keeper

Dos anyone think i should rearange my rock work? I cant fit any more corals!!! Post some ideas on how i should rearange the rocks. Hears a pic of my tank right now if you like it plz tell me because im thinking of rearanging the rock work so i can fit more corals.

coral keeper

While im rearanging the rock work i can get a tooth brush and scrub off all the hair algae and im cound add more sand.

myreef05

No, rock looks great other than covered in hair algea.
No more is needed, plenty of space left for corals IMO.

earlybird

Originally Posted by Coral Keeper
Plz post pics of your tanks so i can get some ideas on the rock work.
Search "Aquascaping" there's tons of pictures.

clay12340

Your tank inhabitants think that you shouldn't move the rock. It is really stressful for everything in the tank. Aside from that I like the way your rock looks hair algae aside, but if you don't like it you should change it up until you do.
Adding any fine sand will typically end up in a day or two of a sandstorm while everything settles. You might want to get a bucket of tank water with a small powerhead and move any loose frags to it until the dust settles in the main tank. If you can't do that, then be ready with a turkey baster to siphon/blow the sand off the corals, so they don't get starved for light.
If you think you have no room for corals, then you need to look at some pictures of corals in the wild. They'll grow on just about every surface available. You just might have to be creative on how you get them to hold on.
I'm personally not a fan of crabs. They are omnivorous and have a tendency to eat things you might want to keep. That tendency rises the smaller tank is. Snails do just as well without the dangers imo.

earlybird

Physically remove/pull out as much as you can but some will claim that this releases spores and will lead to more. Increase your flow, do more frequent water changes, and have an adequate clean up crew, and wait. It takes a while but it's a science project. I caution against any "miricle" chemicals.

coral keeper

What should be in my clean up crew? and how many? I cerently have 1 green emeralg crab, 1 marble crab, 3 hermits, 5 snails, and 1 cleaner shrimp as my clean up crew.

reefforbrains

No room for more coral....BAH you sound like my wife!!!!
Theres ALWAYS more room for coral!!!
The aquascaping doesnt matter what WE think, its what YOU think. I agree it is stressful to the inhabitants of your tank but after a day or two of the new re-structure everything will be open and happy again.
Hair algea is an issue in your tank but it can be corrected. I wouldnt let it drive you crazy. Manually pulling out the larger bits when you move everything around might be a good idea.
Just look at water quality for potential causes along with lighting shedule and feeding frequency.
With such small volume I would recommend against adding more livestock of any kind untill you have a better idea of the cause of the bloom.
Good luck

meleerock

What kind of water are you using for water changes? Using RODI water will help out as a lot of the disolved solids are removed which means less food for the algea.
Bryan

aloysius

Seriously looks like you use tap water for your top offs. Not good!!! I made that mistake once and only once. Go to the pet store and buy Reverse Osmosis (RO) water its very cheap. Know if you are using (RO) water, than you are over feeding and you should cut your feeding in half. Also who long are you lights on for???? Big issue here. They only need to be on 12-16 hours per day. If you have the trouble I had, which was wanting to see the tank in its light stage all the time and turned it off when you went to bed. Usually at a rather later hour the tank had no time to rest and the ALGAE had all day to live on the light that was on all day. Thus tiring out the fish and creating a poor environment. Photosynthesis is the process by which plants, some bacteria, and some protistans use the energy from sunlight to produce sugar, which cellular respiration converts into ATP, the "fuel" used by all living things. The conversion of unusable sunlight energy into usable chemical energy, is associated with the actions of the green pigment chlorophyll. Most of the time, the photosynthetic process uses water and releases the oxygen. So after all of that mumbo jumbo go out and buy a light timer, cut back on your feeding, and use (RO) water for your top offs and water changes. Oh ya and watch the algae disappear. Good luck!!!!!!!!