Dosing 10 Gallon Kalk

ryandefones

I am super confused on how to drip kalkwasser into my 10 gallon and I don't know how much I should mix into my tank! can someone help me so I don't accidently overdose? :)
thanks!

nikesb

kalk is a dangerous thing to mess with in such a small tank. what are you trying to do? just keep parameters stable? how much alk and calcium do u use a day?

ryandefones

I should have said I have used 2-part before, in my 25 gallon, and noticed only a slight difference of coraline growth, but for my 10 gallon I have not started dosing yet and was wondering mainly wondering how to start dosing in general. I just want to see a difference in coraline growth but stable parameters would be nice too. I have not tested for calc in my tank yet so I am not able to list the par.

nikesb

correct magnesium levels will help coralline take off. i keep my system 380-450 calcium, 9-10 dkh, 1400+ magnesium.
first you get your magnesium stable
then measure your day by day consumption of alk and calcium. you dose only what is needed to be replaced. sometimes, in a small tank, consumption can be great and will need to be dosed at smaller amounts and more intervals