Double ended MH....and mogul based..UV FILTEREDLIGHT??

biggdriver

[hr]
I was told by many people on other sites that have told me MH bulbs (the ones with mogel sockets) I assume they are the screw in ones don't need a uv filter..Now I'm confused..they said the only ones that need one are the double ended ones..I have never seen a double ended MH what are they I have 175 watt Mh now and have ordered a diy kit witha 400watt Mh...and would like to shield it with something They said the bulb was a Hamilton 6500K and screws into a mogel socket(which they also provided) BUt do I need a uv filter on it or not...I would like to know more info on the double ended Mh also...are they like the Halogen bulbs???where can I get info on them .>Just curious ...Are they any better....????Thanks anyone who can help

[hr]

ironreef

mogul= single end. The shield is built on the bulb. Double end is usually/only avalible here in the uS as 250 hqi or 150w hqi or the ballast needs to be hqi only. AB 10k bulb. They are usually in pendant form and require uv shield. 400w isn't avalible here so its probally mogul. screwa like any other bulb. If you bulb 6.5k buy Iwaski it's the best with the most par. the others are kinds weak in intesity.

garyfla

Hi
Go to the bulb manufacturers sites
They will tell you far more than you ever wanted to know.Now understanding it,another story lol
Gary

biggdriver

How about water splash..Will this eventually hurt the bulb also...Do you recommend a uv filter or shield anyway..Also will be running it will pc's