double helix ultraviolet uv is it ok

maddog20

Do not BUY! I have had one and it leaked! My buddies did also. The replacement parts are expensive. Swf.com has one for auction right now it is a good one.

scott270

thanks maddog,
mr.salty im not sure how to send a link, but if you go to ---- and search by item number, it is 2003439818, it is only 50 bucks along with many others on ---- but i just dont know which one to get, I have a 75 fowlr

mr . salty

If you are in the market for one,,,Look for AQUA ULTRAVIOLET.They are the best....Also be sure to get one with a Quartz sleeve.And wiper if possible....

scott270

how many watts would i need for a 75 fowlr also do you need anything else to run them (pump) or do you just plug them in, how exactly do they work, thanks again mr.salty

wildbunch

I have a 36 Watt, it has been sent back to the company because it leaked. They still haven't sent me the replacement and it has been almost 2 weeks.
Don't buy one. It appears to be a Double Piece of "XXXX".

mr . salty

For a 75 gallon tank,I wouldn't get one more than 8-10 watts....The quartz sleeve keeps the bulb itself from comming in contact with the water.This increases bulb life,and makes the unit more effective.Plus with a sleeve,you can change the bulb without shutting the whole system down.Just unscrew the endcap and take the bulb out.With a sleeveless unit,water would be pouring out...The wiper is a "wiper" that cleans the outside of this sleeve without disassembling the unit...Aqua does make a couple of Hang on the back(HOB) units that come with a pump.But generally,you do need a pump to run them.