Down-sizing, HELP

joshradio

OK, so my wife & I recently had our first kid, and with that goes the constant attention to my tank. Well, first off it got moved into my office where I record vocals and the hum of all the pumps are interfering with my recording, and the size is just too large to be tolerated anymore....
Now to the question, I've become inundated with aiptasia growth beyond control...
I literally have an aiptasia farm! Question is, I want to down-size to a smaller "nano" style tank and want to transfer as much LR as I need and dont want to buy new LR, but is there any way to salvage the rock and rid it of the aiptasia? or am I screwed?!

try2wryte

From all the Aiptasia post I've read to date either Joe Juice them or add some peppermint shrimp to naturally eliminate.....what ae you down-sizing from?

joshradio

a 150 bow-front... its just too cumbersome in my studio...
I was wondering about just doing a scrub down and then a 48 hour fresh water bath?

ilovemytank

Down sizing !?! This is an addiction, you just can't down size ! Everybody wants bigger ! Going smaller is like having only a little bit of the addiction, you need more. If you successfully down size then the secret is out that it can be done. How will that affect the rest of us if that news gets out ? Spend thousands on sound proofing but don't down size !