Down to my last fish!

scott79

i have a couple of option on fish. i need some help to deside..!
1. Blonde Naso
2. Atlantic Blue tang
3. Lopezi Tank
4. Powder Blue Tang
5. Purple Tang
6. Yellow Tang.
which one do you think?

scott79

its a 75. i have a blue tang, 2 maroon clowns, tiiiny flme angel. whatever i get is going to be reallly small

S

saltman23

I currently have a Naso and a Yellow in a 75 along with a flame angel, damsel, and a maroon clown. Depends if you will be upgrading within a year or so cause naso's do grow pretty fast. Also depends on what kind of filtration you have considering you already have a messy puffer in there.
good luck

scott79

nisky. my dad owns a 400 gallon FO aquarium. when my fish get too big i move them to his. as i previously stated, im getting all tiny ones. Maybe you should read before you tell me what to get and what not to get.

rort

I personally love Purple tangs, and have seen them relatively small so you would probably be able to find one!
And just to back you up, I can't stand when people are rude about someones tank set up. I am one to have made a mistake but when I am yelled at on a forum about THINKING about purchasing a specific fish, that is just absurd. I completely agree that it is only responsible to help another hobbyist when they may be doing something that is a detriment to a fish or their tank... but choose your words people!
Wish you luck in your future fish. Things in those smaller tanks can be difficult but you seem to know what is going on.
You should put up some pics!

srgvigil

Originally Posted by niskyvaulter
http:///forum/post/2737469
sorry but none of those fish should go in a 75 (neither should the blue).
If if is not fulll grown a tang can do well in a 55 My yellow tang was doing great in my 55 until something happend in the tank that killed all of my fish.
A tang too large for a 20 gallon:fact
A tang to large for a 55: matter of opinion

srgvigil

Originally Posted by scott79
http:///forum/post/2737583
nisky. my dad owns a 400 gallon FO aquarium. when my fish get too big i move them to his. as i previously stated, im getting all tiny ones. Maybe you should read before you tell me what to get and what not to get.
I think was a bit uncalled for. He was trying to help. And nowhere in your post did you mention the 400 gallon tank.
i have a couple of option on fish. i need some help to deside..!
1. Blonde Naso
2. Atlantic Blue tang
3. Lopezi Tank
4. Powder Blue Tang
5. Purple Tang
6. Yellow Tang.
which one do you think?

aquaguy24

blonde naso tang. or powder blue..ahhhh only if i had a 200g tank...but since ur dad has a 400g tank already go for it...

prime311

Originally Posted by SrgVigil
http:///forum/post/2737812
That is more of your matter of opinion rather than absolute fact
Many people have gotten away with tangs in a 75 and even a 55. My yellow tang was doing great in my 55 until something happend in the tank that killed all of my fish.
A tang too large for a 20 gallon:fact
A tang to large for a 55: matter of opinion

Its not a matter of opinion completely. A full grown Tang doesnt belong in a 55, thats a fact. The OP sounds like he has a plan already though so small Tangs in a 75 for now are fine.

scott79

call me rude, call me arrogant, but his statement was uncalled for. there are plenty of nicer ways he could have stated it. When it all comes down to it, it is the buyers choice.

Originally Posted by scott79
http:///forum/post/2738423
call me rude, call me arrogant, but his statement was uncalled for. there are plenty of nicer ways he could have stated it. When it all comes down to it, it is the buyers choice.
sorry. i wouldnt have said that had i known about the 400. i was assuming the 75 was a permanent residence.

bill109

unless you want a tang.. what about a nice wrasse? full of color somewhat small and the best fish to watch swim around..

small triggers

so can i send you my triggers when they outgown my 35g?? Oh wait i'm building a 150g this weekend. so can i send them to your dads in like 4 more years?