Dragon Wrasse Behavior

glen club

My dragon wrasse is always visible in the morning and never in the evening. As a result, I feed it in the morning but never get to see it again til the following morning. If I refrain from feeding it in the morning and instead put the food in the evening, would it adjust its schedule and be visible in the evening going forward? If not, any other suggestions as to how I can influence its behavior to be more visible in the evening? Thanks.

kimmisue

maybe offer half in the morning and the other half in the evening.
I wouldn't cut of the morning feedings completely becuase he may get weak and then ill.
If you cut the feeding amount in half it would could persuade him out while not over feeding the tank.
Kim

wrigley11

Dragon Wrasses build little cave/burry themselves when the evening somes... For the most part he is going to sleep.
Don't stop the feeding because it will starve, this is their normal behavior. You could change the lighting cycle if you want to have ot out more.

wrigley11

Not completely sure... the largest adult I've seen for sale is 6 inches. How they grow really slow and remember that the adults look different then the younger ones.

mr_wrasse

You could set your watch by the one that I have. Up at 7am, makes his bed at 6pm, if the lights are on or not. I would not cut out your morning feeding.

set-man

I agree with the others with the behavior. They do sleep at set times which is pretty neat if you ask me. Do not stop feeding it in the morning!!
With respect to size, the adults look a lot different than the juveniles. I've seen a foot long specimen before but I don't think they grow fast in aquariums. I've never heard of a juvenile transforming into an adult specimen in captive.

they bury themselves in sand and is usually a bold fish during the day. i have a juvenile bully an undulate. feed juveniles in the morning and in the afternoon if you can. sometimes they can starve to death if not feed enough.