Drawing of ro vs di water level

ray j neal

My Coralife 24gpd ro unit with the di add-on. The water level in the di add on canister is only half full and water is trickling down the side of the cartridge from the inlet side ("pure" blue line in to di add-on). The water level in the ro unit canisters is full. I have drawn a picture of what I am describing. Is this normal operation? Water is draining in to my storage bin from the add-on di unit. Is it normal for the DI add on to not be completely full of water?

mr_x

mine is not transparent to compare it to, but what is your tds? if it's close to zero, or zero, then i'd say it's working properly.

cranberry

The water doesn't have to fill the canister completely.I had that happen to me a few years back and I asked the company. Mine wasn't an add on but it still did it.
Is the resin packed well?

metweezer

I had the same problem with my unit. The manufacturer told me that it was air in the unit and was not causing any problems. The way to get rid of it was to slightly loosen the canister and let it fill with water. When the water level was close to the top to tighten the canister quickly. It worked for me

sminker

its normal operation
if you were to pressurize the outtake tube you will see the canister fill up.
you should see mine. what water level is like 1/2-1" off the bottom of the DI unit, the rest of the unit is empty, but once i turn the shutoff valve it fills completely to the top.
my intake water is around 250 TDS but the level comming out is 000.