DREAM TANK help requested

puffdad

Hey people
Can you all let me know what you think of this mix? Also, minimum # of gallons to support?
Stingray (& what species? Blue spotted?)
Pufferfish (Porc)
Lionfish (Antennatae)
Shark (Horn? Bamboo? Suggestions about which is better, and how one or the other changes gallon requirements)
Eel (How this changes the mix...with & without one, and which species most peacefully mixes).
Also, what invertebrates will work?
If one of the above is not relatively hardy, and/or relatively peaceful to the mix, and/or has drastically different water requirements, let me know what you think.
Thanks all. Peace from Boston...

puffdad

thanks, CheLives.
why not a porcupine puffer? also, if i were to ditch the moray, could i be safe with a smaller tank, say 250-300? sign me up for the 7' of crab, i'm only afraid i'll come home after a few too many beers and have a crableg feast. so if i can't do any inverts at all, how do i keep the substrate clean.

grouperhead

yeah dlight is right i have seen porks that push 15". but for those fish i say in a 300 you could have a shark, eel, lion maybe pork. if you have the 500 i say you could get all of them. all of these are rather hardy except for the sting ray(i believe). just no triggers with the shark/ray and use a ls bed so their belly wont get scratched. good luck on your tank and keep on asking questions, bo

puffdad

Thanks guys, so I'm thinking that although it is strongly suggested & desirable that I go with a 500 gallon for all of this, it is reasonable to think that a 300 for this group (bamboo, volitan, blue spot ray, eel, porc puffer) will be sustainable and healthy enough. Let me know if you disagree.
Couple more questions...can you give any more advice about whether to go with bamboo or horn? Or even remoras--any experience or preference for these guys? And last, how about snowflake vs. zebra?

dgs174

as far as the eel-man goes that you want in your tank.....I enjoy snowflakes more because of their personality than zebras, although zebras do look more cool.
Dan

Puffdad,
I know that you don't want to purchase a 500 gallon tank because you are probably thinking of expenses, but you can't honestly think that all of those aggressive fish are going to be fine in a 250-300 gallon tank?? I would say if you are just getting a shark then it would be ok in a 300gallon as long as you got a shark that is known to not get as big as others. But see you are talking about putting a shark, sting ray, eel, lionfish, etc in a tank. I just don't think your fish will be happy in something smaller than a 500 gallon. Also, when they get to big for a 250 gallon what are you gonna do about upgrading and how are you gonna move the shark,etc into the new tank?? Well, that is just my opinion, but I feel that a lot of other people will feel the same way I do. I hope that helps!! Good luck! :)