Drilling

R

ramon6249

I have a 100g with 30g sump/fuge...will probley go ful fuge soon..still thinking about it, but that is a differant post all together =).
My question is I am looking into getting my tank drilled...but leaning toward a gravity overflow...not a built in overflow. what is the downfall of the gravities? other then looks....the gravity is just a hole in the back of the tank correct? and the water just flows in it to the sump/fuge.
Next question is what size bulkhead should I go for? I have the mag pump 1200...thinking 1" hard plumbed return (just comeing over the top, no drilling)
If any other information is needed plz ask. if not can some one let me know what I need?
Thanx
Ramon

pizzamiglio

I drilled my 92 corner. 1" gravity overflow. I installed a PVC Elbow before attaching the screen, so there is a little surface skimming action. As fas as the slurping goes: From the back of the bulkhead I installed a "T". Capped off one end above my water line, and fed the other to my flex tubing. Then I drilled a small (approx. 1/8") hole in the top of the cap. Slurping sound completely gone. :) HTH.