Drip acclimate?

hatessushi

I use the Pisces Pro Acclimator, it cost about $7. All you have to do is hang it on your tank start the siphon (you get a syringe to start siphon) and set the drip.
I did read that the 5 gallon Kent Aquadoser doesn't give a realiable steady drip. I know Kent makes a 2.5 gallon one but I don't know anything about it.

merredeth

Actually, I just use some tubing attached to a hard tube you can purchase at your LFS. At the end of the line, I just tie it off and adjust the tie to make the dripping as fast or slow as I want.
You could also get an IV regulator from your doctor's office, something I forgot to do when I went to the new doctor's office I changed to last week. More than likely, he won't charge you a dime if you are wanting to avoid tying off the tube.
Denise M.

dragonzim

Originally Posted by Merredeth
Actually, I just use some tubing attached to a hard tube you can purchase at your LFS. At the end of the line, I just tie it off and adjust the tie to make the dripping as fast or slow as I want.
$0.50 worth of airline tubing works for me!!! I bought about 6 feet of it. I hang one end in my main tank and secure it there with my mag float. Tie a know about a foot up from the other end and loosen or tighten the knot depending on the flow rate that I am looking for.
Not everything in this hobby requires a gadget specifically made for the job! :thinking:

oceanists

Originally Posted by 1journeyman
They make small plastic valves for those airline hoses that can also be used.

This is what I use.
By some airline tubing and a plastic valve that you can adjust, set it and forget it for about 2 hours .... although I never thought about securing the tubing with my mag float and this is always my problem ... thanks for the idea. .....
If you wanted to get really created by a gallon of drinking water , drink it then cut the bottom off rig some tubing to the "Screw on cap" drill a hole or something then silicone the tubing in there..... hang the jug and set your valve ... then you dont even have to siphon.

f14peter

At Lowes I saw some small ball-valves, the exact same ones that came with my AirWaterIce RO/DI. Slip-joint connections, seems like it would be easy-sleazy to put one inline.

widowmaker

that's what i'm talking about.....everybody always has groovy ideas. they all beat the water gun method i was using.......(just kidding)!

dragonzim

Originally Posted by widowmaker
that's what i'm talking about.....everybody always has groovy ideas. they all beat the water gun method i was using.......(just kidding)!

Hmm, good for target practice though. I could sit on my couch and shoot across the room into my acclimation bucket!

hatessushi

I prefer the acclimator since I made a nice little puddle of water on the carpet. with the acclimator it had a J shaped rigid plastic that the air line connects to so you can just hang it on the edge of the tank then use the suction cup that hold the other end and stick it inside the bucket. Start the siphon and ajust the flow really way easier then tying a knott and trying to get the flow correct by pulling on the tubing to tighten the knott. Jeez it's only $7 and it doesn't take rocket science to keep from having an accident on the carpet.
Royal Gang, I did get it online.