Dropping everything and moving

lovethesea

Originally Posted by shogun323
Sorry. I wasn't trying to rub it in. Come on down!!

sure ya weren't.
I got to see this everynight about a week and a half ago right down the street from you, and now I'm looking at falling leaves and freezing my tail off.......

shogun323

Originally Posted by lovethesea
sure ya weren't.
I got to see this everynight about a week and a half ago right down the street from you, and now I'm looking at falling leaves and freezing my tail off.......

Ahhhh good ole Dunedin Causeway looking out onto Caladesi Island!!!!! :happyfish

lovethesea

BTW.........is Caladisi Island worth spending time on. (1/2 day maybe?)
Of all the years we have spent in Indian Shores, we have never taken the time to head there.

shogun323

I would say yes. Caledesi is great. One of my favorite places though is to take dunedin causeway out to honeymoon island and go to the farthest (sp?) beach area. From there you can walk north on the island where it gets really remote. There are a lot of tidal pools out there too. It is so nice.

shogun323

Originally Posted by lovethesea
so we don't need a boat/shuttle there??
There is a ferry that goes from Honeymoon Island every hour starting at 10:00am or you can go by boat if you have access to one.

lovethesea

thats what I thought. Here is what I have looked at the past few years
***) . (we become TOTAL beach bums for 2 weeks and hate to leave except for food and Candy Kitchen :joy: )http://www.floridastateparks.org/cal...nd/default.cfm
Ok.......so barring any red tide problems and hurricanes (knocking on wood and throwing salt over my shoulder) we will give it a go.
We will only own a boat when we eventually have our condo on the intercoastal

In other words SAlty Tank........do it NOW !!!!! If it weren't for my kids I would have dolphins and manatees for neighbors :joy:

shogun323

Red Tide is a toxic Algal Bloom that hits Florida's Gulf Coast from time to time. It kills tons of marine life and smells horid.

drea

i moved from long island to italy for teo yrs, best time of my life, i still go back every yr, but i love long island/nyc, best partying in the world!