DSB cleaner

cmpowell

Hi all.I've had my DSB (6") in place for about 7 to 8 months and the sand along the front and the sides of the glass from the top of the sand down about 2 inches that you see from the outside and all of the top of the sand just doesn't look white and clean.It has some really dark streaks in it kinda brown to almost black.All water params test good.i have 3 pepp shrimp,sallylightfoot,4 fish,snails,hermits and about a dozen various mushrooms.Tank is a 55 gal.Is there any type or fish or something that i can put in there to help this. If you need more info that i may have forgot please ask.Thanks:D

slick

Not only that but you could also get a sand bed activator kit. That will add worms and some other critters to help keep your tanks sand clean.

seaham358

I have a yellow sand sifting cucumber. The thing is all over the place eating a then pooping out the clean sand.

cmpowell

Yeah Seaham i have heard cuks would eat the sand as you say and had considered putting one in my tank but i may have read somewhere that if they die and aren't found they could release toxins that could wipe out a tank so i figured i would hold off till i learned more about them. Now someone correct me if i'm wrong about this.I sure don't know enough about them.Thanks for the input Seaham and by the way how long have you had your cuk and what is your experience with it so far.:D

cmpowell

Thanks Lebowski. Are they easy to care for?Just acclimate and tehn watch him/her eat.Apologies Seaham let me know more about yours:D