DSB on reef

jakepilot

i was told by the guy at the lfs that when starting my 11 gallon eclipse reef setup that i would not want a dsb...that i wanted a thin layer of aragonite so as not to trap debris is this true

krunk

it has been mentioned a dsb is pointless on small tanks in the long run. a 1"-2" layer of arag. sand would work.

nm reef

Welcome back to the forum jakepilot...you've been away awhile. The information I've seen seems to indicate a DSB doesn't do as well on smaller systems. But there are plenty of folks that run them on nanos so its up to you. There is also the option of running a sump/refugium for your nano with a DSB there to futher assist filtration. You may want to run this question over in our nano forum...the members over there may be able to better assist you.
kgrimes...I deleted your comments...bottom line is flames of any nature will not be tolerated...no matter the reason or justification!My position is if you have nothing to say of a positive nature then it may be best to keep it to yourself!!
NMREEF website
Ka is the wheel that moves the world...and the man or woman that rages against it will be crushed under its rim.
bdjr@cox.net

nm reef

That may indeed be true...but in light of recent events I've decided that any responses that could lead to flames will not be allowed. No personal insult or injury intended. Seems the board has had several recent objections to negative attitudes and I'd like to prevent futher problems. Again...nothing personal...and I hope you'll understand how that type response could have gone down hill real fast.
Just on a side note I've not got a problem with you or you activity on this forum....and in no way want to offend you...but negative posts are simply not to be tolerated...in jest or being serious.