Ducans = super growth

speg

I have the type of duncan sold on swf.com and another type of duncan.. the non-swf.com type seems to grow really fast and pops out new heads at least once a week! I was wondering if anybody has this experience with the type of duncan found on swf.com (I'm calling them daisy-duncans)? So far mine hasn't grown much, but still looks cool.

speg

Do you have the type that sells on swf.com? I feed both types of mine the exact same, but one grows much faster than the other.

mrdc

As you know I have one but have no clue what kind it is. All I know is feeding seems to make them grow fast. I'm not sure how you identify the kind you have cause they all look the same to me. LOL!

btldreef

I have an aussie giant and a regular duncan as well. My Aussie Giant did not grow at fast at first due to it's location in the tank. Once I moved it, it's been growing just as fast. Both now grow at about 1 head every 2 weeks :)

speg

and where did you move it to get your results? My fast grower is in low light/medium flow.

btldreef

Originally Posted by Speg
http:///forum/post/3267313
and where did you move it to get your results? My fast grower is in low light/medium flow.
about the same. middle of the tank, medium flow. Moderate lighting, but indirect. I have a EcoTech MP40W, so the flow is slightly different. It has a reef setting so it's not like "Koralia" type flow if that makes any sense

i<3reefs

Mine started with one head, and now has 5 more full size, and 4 more starting under those. I've had mine in direct and indirect light, seems to grow just fine in either.

btwk12

what r u guys feeding and how ofteni rescently bought duncans with 6 heads and no new heads yet

mrdc

Originally Posted by btwk12
http:///forum/post/3269983
what r u guys feeding and how ofteni rescently bought duncans with 6 heads and no new heads yet
Well my parameters have been in order and I might have it in a place in the tank that it likes. Other than that I feed twice a week and I feed it pellets and mysis.

salt0727

hi all, i have a duncan frag and ive been trying to decide where the best location would be for it so it will grow. Any suggestions?

gill again68

I put mine on the bottom in a medium flow and it took off. I had it at the top in a medium flow and it stayed closed up. My lighting is T-5 x 4 at 84 watts each. Tank is 24" deep.

petjunkie

I had to get rid of my first duncans after they outgrow my nano, hanging on to some again for a buddy in my fowlr and they have started to take off even though I never feed them. They will grow way too fast with frequent feedings.

rlablan

I bought mine at an LFS for like 80 bucks. Had about 15 LARGE heads. I have been feeding them these pellets that I really like. They are larger and are called 'denichi' (sp?) but these pellets are awesome. Meaty pellets that are covered in freeze dried cyclopeez. That are awesome and fish love them too. I feed mine like every couple of days, just a few of the random heads and they are really taking off. Like 3 heads per week! Mine is toward the bottom of my 26ish'' deep tank, and almost directly under one of my 150 watt metal halides. They LOVE it!

rlablan

That is the brand. They have 2 types. Veggie and meaty, both severed in the cyclopeez. FYI get the baby. The small is HUGE!!! like my 7 inch hippo can hardly eat them! I have purchased them at 2 lfs by me, I don't think ***** or petsmart would sell something like those. They're specialty. I bet the Drs site has them too.