Dumb Question

roosworld

O.K.
I know very little about this adventuresom hobby,but I am learning loads everyday.My question is how many fish can I have in my tank if they are say 3 inch max fish.My LFS (both are saying about the same thing.) has told me a few more then I think would be correct just looking for conformation.
My brother has just gotten back into the hobby when he saw my tank over the last weekend.He was last in the hobby 12 years ago.He has been blown away with the "changes" in the hobby.He has a 120 gallon tank.I wish I had the room!Well I will send another thread soon.I want to put a pic by my name!
Roo

fishguy4

how bigs your tank and is there lr? if so, how much. also, what kind of fish are you interested in?

roosworld

O.K.
55 gal high tank
JBJ white and blue light combo
sump system
skimmer
one powerhead
60 lbs of live rock
bag and a half of live sand (I do not remember how big bag was)The LFS suggested that amount.
The tank is 3 mnths old
Everything is perfect water wise(all readings)
I have two brittle green starfish
2 clowns (small 1.0 inch maybe)
1 hawkfish red (1.5 inches)
1 spanish hogfish (1.5 inches)
3 emareld crabs (small)
6 turbo snails
about 5 hermit crabs (blue legs)
Deep burgundy colored mushrooms about 6 mushrooms
1 bright yellow brain coral about 3.5 inches across
The live rock I got was 35lbs from the LFS and then I ordered the rest from this site.Lots of color and growth on the LR tube worms little flowers and green plant life.(I am still learning the names of things so that is the best I can do now.LOL)
All help is appreciated
1 clam bright purple less then an inch

roosworld

The last addition was about 4 weeks ago and it was the clam and the hog fish.Everything has been in there since the tank was 4 weeks old.(Mushrooms were on the live rock and since have made two new ones)brain coral was a gift from a friend I was afraid to put it in but it was a storm weekend and most things were closed so I could not take back to LFS and when I called them they said it should be no prob keep it in. I hope this info helps enough for you all to make a few suggestions.
Roo