Dunk for Special Olympics

kerriann

Hi everyone,
So first let me explain: every year, the Honi Honi bar at Deep Creek Lake, MD sponsors this little event for Special Olympics in which a bunch of psychos(myself included) jump in to the frigid February waters in an effort to raise money through sponsorships. They chip away the ice to a certain point and people wear costumes and run out to a certain point and back. If anyone is interested in sponsoring me in this event I'd greatly appreciate it! Every little bit helps even if it's so much as $5. Please follow the link below to sponsor and if for some reason it doesn't work, PM me your email address and I'll send you the direct link they sent me. Thanks in advance for all of your help!
https://www.kintera.org/faf/donorReg...upId=204180772

kerriann

thanks to all who have been contributing!! let's keep this going guys - it's for a good cause and i'll post pics to reward everyone for their help! seeing my jump into a frozen lake has to be worth it right??

scotts

As someone who's son has participated in Special Olympics I need to thank you for what you are doing. I can't contribute right now because I am on my laptop and not comfortable sending info over wireless.
Have you ever been to the special olympics? If not then do something selfish for yourself and go, even for an hour.

kerriann

Originally Posted by Scotts
http:///forum/post/2460388
As someone who's son has participated in Special Olympics I need to thank you for what you are doing. I can't contribute right now because I am on my laptop and not comfortable sending info over wireless.
Have you ever been to the special olympics? If not then do something selfish for yourself and go, even for an hour.

yes actually, i've helped with several of the special olympics events out here since i was in high school. it's an incredible experience to see the drive and desire to succeed in these children!! and i've attended the dunk for many years now, this is my first year of actually jumping in the lake and trying to get sponsors. if you are someone you know would like to contribute there is a link to mail donor forms in as well - it's not until february 23rd so i'm hoping and trying VERY hard to reach my goal! i believe as of today, this event has brought over $25,000 in donations and is continuing to rise! i have 2 weeks left to reach my personal goal of $500 and i'm hoping to get as much help here as i can so please please PLEASE spread the word!! and, as always, if you have any questions please feel free to contact me or follow the link - i believe they have a page of FAQs and contact info as well!

renogaw

Originally Posted by KerriAnn
http:///forum/post/2460987
yes actually, i've helped with several of the special olympics events out here since i was in high school. it's an incredible experience to see the drive and desire to succeed in these children!! and i've attended the dunk for many years now, this is my first year of actually jumping in the lake and trying to get sponsors. if you are someone you know would like to contribute there is a link to mail donor forms in as well - it's not until february 23rd so i'm hoping and trying VERY hard to reach my goal! i believe as of today, this event has brought over $25,000 in donations and is continuing to rise! i have 2 weeks left to reach my personal goal of $500 and i'm hoping to get as much help here as i can so please please PLEASE spread the word!! and, as always, if you have any questions please feel free to contact me or follow the link - i believe they have a page of FAQs and contact info as well!
paypal? do we get emailed copies of you doing this? :)

kerriann

yes, for everyone who contributes i will send photos of me FREEZING!!! just make sure you enter your email address on the website or PM me so i can send them afterwards

kerriann

We're doin good, but I still have a long way to go to reach my goal!!! Feel free to spread the word to whomever else may be interested in donating to a good cause!

kerriann

NEXT SATURDAY!! we just got that nasty snow storm this week too and another one comin through on monday so i'm sure by the time i get down there on friday it should be good and cold and snow covered!

kerriann

alright folks, last chance for donations!! the dunk is THIS WEEKEND!! and don't worry, it's supposed to snow so that should make it super fun...

socal57che

Originally Posted by KerriAnn
http:///forum/post/2462613
yes, for everyone who contributes i will send photos of me FREEZING!!! just make sure you enter your email address on the website or PM me so i can send them afterwards
Thanks, but I'll pass on the pics. Just glad to help. BTW I went ahead and posted a link on the local san diego reefs message board and central valley reefers message board as well as calguns.net....hope you get some support from them.

kerriann

so for those of you interested in this event you can click on the following link and go to the web cam and watch them chip the ice away from the lake so that all of us nutcases can jump in!
currently, 4 degrees in oakland, md with water temps of 29 degrees and 18 inches of ice on the surface
http://www.honi-honi.com/cam.htm