Dwar Lion Fish Diet

row

I have been feeding my lion fish frozen krill for about a month now. I read that having a diet soley of frozen krill can lead to digestive problems down the road. Is this true?
I was also wondering, once a fish has become used to frozen foods, will they still try and catch live foods?
Also, is their anything else anyone can suggest as far as food for my lion fish?
Thanks

joeeycrackpimp

My thread with these websites ***********, ***************, coralreeffarm, reefcentral, etc was deleted and quite frankly iam a little ticked off, all i try to due is give some people better websites and the silly mods totally wiped it off the earth

joeeycrackpimp

My thread with these websites ***********, ***************, coralreeffarm, reefcentral, etc was deleted and quite frankly iam a little ticked off, all i try to due is give some people better websites and the silly mods totally wiped it off the earth

nicetry

Krill is okay as an occassional food, but not a good staple diet. It can lead to health problems if used as the only food. Mix up the diet to include pieces of chopped shrimp and scallop. Small pieces of boneless whitefish and silversides are also good.
Lions are predatory so even if fed regularly, they may attempt to eat other live things in the tank.

sepulatian

Originally Posted by ROW
I have been feeding my lion fish frozen krill for about a month now. I read that having a diet soley of frozen krill can lead to digestive problems down the road. Is this true?
I was also wondering, once a fish has become used to frozen foods, will they still try and catch live foods?
Also, is their anything else anyone can suggest as far as food for my lion fish?
Thanks
As Nicetry said, they are predatory fish and will still eat any fish that are half the size of their body. Krill is ok but you have to mix it up. Slice up fresh seafood for him. Stay away from oily fish. Fresh is best. slice it into 1-2" slices depending on the size of your fish. If you want to boost your fishes immune system and entice him to eat, crush a clove of garlic onto the food.

row

I use garlic guard now. The purpose of the live food question was to figure out if the lion fish would lose its predatory instinct and if I bought him live foods if he would eat them.
As far as fresh fish what would be some types that you would recommend. Also if I wanted to try live foods do you have any suggestions as to what I could try? Would store bought frozen shrimp work?
Thanks

rstiles

Yes you can use store shrimp only if thay are raw, I feed my loins silver sides, calamari, scallops, clam strips (raw) strips of mai mai, filet of sole, if on sale lobster meat.