Dwarf Angel poll!!!!

chris2010

Trouble deciding on a dwarf angelfish. I hear that the flame angel is more aggresive than the coral beauty. I want this reef to be as peaceful as possible.
Whats everyones opinion.
Coral Beauty Angel
Flame Angel

coral beauty is a nice choice ...i've kept one years ago and every time someone came over they were amazed at the colors and it was active and would never bother any other fish

gmann1139

I have a CB with an attitude issue, but that may be from circumstances (moved from larger to smaller tank, then tank got ich so had to remove LR, which is just now coming back with algae on it) as from individual personality.
Everything I've read on these fish is mixed. Some say the flame's easier, some the beauty. Some say one is 'aggressive', some the other.
I think the variance within each species matters more than the difference between them.
That said, a 275 is a big tank, so even if one is trouble, the other fish have somewhere to go.

chris2010

Originally Posted by gmann1139
http:///forum/post/2531507
I have a CB with an attitude issue, but that may be from circumstances (moved from larger to smaller tank, then tank got ich so had to remove LR, which is just now coming back with algae on it) as from individual personality.
Everything I've read on these fish is mixed. Some say the flame's easier, some the beauty. Some say one is 'aggressive', some the other.
I think the variance within each species matters more than the difference between them.
That said, a 275 is a big tank, so even if one is trouble, the other fish have somewhere to go.
I agree with the issue of your CB having an attitude. Im into frshwater as well as saltwater. Ive moved 2 angel fish from my 75 gallon to my 29 gallon. They had an attitude by doing this as well. They got over it.

mike22cha

I got a coral beauty, have had no problems with it, never picked on any corals or fish, and it is a very colorful active fish.

R

rcreations

My flame angel almost destroyed my coral, so I voted for the coral beauty.

powerbrowntang

I have a Flame Angel he dosnt bother any of my corals and him and my Copper Band Butterly is best of buddies alway hanging out with each other ...I think it just depends on the personaly of the fish ..and by the way i like both angels equal it was hard to pick ..but the Flame Angel colors just Pop under my lighting

reefmate75

i voted for CB becuase in that sized of tank the coral beauty is going to get larger then the flame
but im with the other guys posts, get them both, i have had a CB,flame,satin, and bicolor all in a 75 gallon tank, at first they dont like new comers that are angels but after a bit they get used to them and leave them alone, if this was the larger angels i wouldnt put more then 1 in there

chris2010

Ok some of you guys are saying that I can put both of them in the tank. Will they fight alot. Will they bug a wrasse, clowns, cardinals or chromises, and shrimp.????

sepulatian

Flames let you know their personality, CB's are just as bad, but you won't see it coming. Either is a risk for a reef. Just so that you know.

reefiness

i voted Flame angel only because of the brighter color i figure it will be easier to spot in a tank that big. but i would get both like others are saying. I have had both in a 90 before and had introduced the flame into the tank with the CB in it and they quickly got over their differences. But i would definitely get both and add them in at them same time.

J

jesses89

In that size a tank... id get both!
adding them at the same time would be best.... since they wont have an established territory...
but if you just want one.. id go with the Coral Beauty

kerriann

we managed both and we introduced them at the same time. they were in the same tank at the LFS and we watched them for awhile and there were no signs of aggression towards each other. there's enough caverns and hiding places for both so they have their seperate "territories" and have been living together without so much as a nip in 7 months. so, id definitely say go for both. they look beautiful together

chris2010

Well thanks for the info and if you guys and girls want to keep voting to see who favors what the most then go ahead. I think Im going to get both and get them at the same time.