Dwarf Angelfish

fish4901

i bought a Coral Beauty today. He isn't eating much of anything. He keeps picking at the bottom of the tank. I fed the fish shrimp brine, Formula 2 tonight and he didn't like those. There is also some algae pellet in the tank he won't touch and he won't touch the lettuce or seaweed attached to the clip. I was wondering is he being picky or will he probably eat tommorow. Any thoughts please.

mr. tuna

if it is the first day... it is fairly common for a fish to be shy and not eat.
Take a look at his eating hablits for the next few days, and see what he is doing.

fish4901

It is the 2nd day and he goes after the food but spits it back out. I tried shrimp brine this morning. I am going to try formula 2 tonight. He does pick at the rock (it isn't live rock) tufa rock and the shells at the bottom of the tank. So is he getting stuff from that maybe. I also tried an algae pellet but he won't touch that either.

ashleigh

When I have added new fish that didn't seem to want to eat, I soaked their food in extreme garlic. I was told that it would stimulate their appetites and it has seemed to work for me in the past.
HTH

sltwtronly

I WOULDNT WORRY ABOUT THE FISH SPITTIN FOOD OUT. I HAVE HAD THESE 3 FISH FOR A WHILE NOW, PROABABLY ABOUT 3 OR 4 MONTHS AND THEY STILL "PLAY" WITH THEIR FOOD. THEY WILL EAT IT AND THEN SPIT IT BACK OUT 4 OR 5 TIMES.