Dwarf Angels

calaxa

What's the minimum size to house 2 dwarf angels? I have a coral beauty and would like to add a flame angel but not sure they can go together.

srfisher17

Originally Posted by calaxa
http:///forum/post/2796723
What's the minimum size to house 2 dwarf angels? I have a coral beauty and would like to add a flame angel but not sure they can go together.
With dwarf angels, so much depends on the individual fish. If you happen to get two that get along, a 55 would work. If they don't; any tank would be too small. IMO, if you can rearrange workwork before introducing the flame, you have better odds. BTW, (IME) flames don't do well without a fair amount of mature LR.

95harley

I say 75g with lots of LR and hiding spots. The good news is the Flame is more territorial and you'd add him last so that would reduce problems.
But as instructed above re-arrange LR and Deco before adding new fish.

calaxa

I have a 90 with about 150 lbs of LR, maybe even 200. The CB was added a few days ago but my yellow tang is not so accepting of him. He does chase a little less frequently but the CB still does not go into open water and does not partake in the feeding as everyone else (mysis, brine, nori). I do see him nibbling at the LR and I do have a decent pod population so hopefully he will come around.
Originally I wanted to introduce a flame angel before the CB gets settled so it would be like they were introduced simultaneously but now I'm not sure. I think I will rethink this plan and see if the tang does accept his new tankmate.
Thanks for the advice.

calaxa

Well just an update on my CB. He is exploring quite a lot and the Yellow Tang has almost completely stopped harassing him. Usually the CB runs away before the Tang gives chase. Think he knows who is king of the tank now. The CB still clings to the rockwork mostly and won't partake in any feedings (probably cause all my other fish are piggies and cause too much ruckus when the food is introduced). He is swimming fine and comes close to glass to watch me. Also saw him bully my clowns a bit so it looks like he is adapting and trying to arrange a new pecking order.

calaxa

Well I took the gamble and bought a flame. Slightly smaller than the CB and introduced in full light. Immediately hit the rocks to hide. Bumped in the CB and both ignored each other completely. The Yellow Tang is harassing him like crazy (I guess to establish the pecking order). CB has adjusted completely and is eating with everyone else. Yellow Tang ignores him and has full focus on the new flame.
Am I out of the woods yet or will aggression start up between the CB and FA once both become more established?