Dwarf lion fish won't eat.

Kristin1234

He was doing so good though! He ate like a champ. I loaded them ghost shrimp up too. I did 4 a week like you suggested.

trigger40

this is why i think lion fish should be taken out of the aggresive fish category. they are really not aggresive, more predatory. if you put a lion fish with an actual aggressive fish like a large tang they will just get the crap beat out of them. but removing lion fish from the aggressive fish category is just my opinion.

Kristin1234

this is why i think lion fish should be taken out of the aggresive fish category. they are really not aggresive, more predatory. if you put a lion fish with an actual aggressive fish like a large tang they will just get the crap beat out of them. but removing lion fish from the aggressive fish category is just my opinion.

Do you think my sailfin yang could have been the culprit? I'm telling you, this cardinal is a huge a hole!

trigger40

Do you think my sailfin yang could have been the culprit? I'm telling you, this cardinal is a huge a hole!
its posible. but if your cardinal is being aggressive thats already to much for a dwarf lion. lion fish are very delicate too so that doesnt help. i would watch your tang during feeding time, a grown tang may be the culprit, so i would watch him. my powder blue tang is very nice, for now. but after a year of two of growing it will be like having another trigger in my tank.

Kristin1234

Hmm, that would be my guess. If you try again maybe go w a larger one
Nope. Not gonna do it. I was spazzing out worried he'd eat my clowns. If I do it, it'll be a separate tank. And yes, I will not choose the tiniest dwarf I can find.

jay0705

Size isn't everything!! Lol
and yes more than likely it would have eaten the clowns. Now a large maroon, prob not. Angels, tangs, large clowns, hawk fish, ect would wrk best

trigger40

IMO dwarf lions should only be kept with lagre docile fish like a fox face. they jsut dont do well with fish that have any aggression at all...

Jen831

I had a lion fish and had the same problem getting him to eat. We finally threaded the thawed shrimp/silver side pieces on some clear fishing line and danced them around in front of him, and he was doing great with that for a while. He lost interest though and eventually died. Was so disappointed he was a beautiful fish.